weight loss incentives by coachgaines featuring 14k earrings
I've been participating in a support group on Facebook made up of close friends as we all make an effort to establish and maintain a healthier lifestyle. One of the things that my girlfriend (whose the brains behind the idea) did to help motivate herself was to create a board of rewards as she meets each milestone in her weight loss journey.
I decided to do the same. I tried to take into account a few things when making my goals:
- Food is not a reward when you are working to get healthy. We are not dogs therefore we don't get treats. That is just counter-productive.
- I deserve things that I've been wanting for a while. Losing weight is hard work!
- If I'm going to spend money on something, I want it to be something worth spending money on.
- I took into account my body/self image at each stage of the game (hence the reason the haircut which is much less expensive than the shoes is not my first incentive - I wouldn't be ready to rock that short haircut just yet after only 5 pounds)
- They are not unreasonable. 20 pounds puts me back at a weight I was at recently...not one from college or high school. It is healthy for my body type/build and is one I feel comfortable in.
I'm about 13 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight so I don't think losing 20 is completely unreasonable. It would put me back to what I was shortly after we got married when I was very active, healthy, and happy with life. I also only need to lose 3 more pounds to get my first incentive!
For consistency reasons, I've been weighing myself first thing in the morning on Thursdays. At this point, I've lost a little over 2 pounds so I'm well on my way to earning my incentives.
Once I lose 5 pounds, I get to purchase these tennies that I fell in love with upon sight.
At 10 pounds, I am going to go back to my favorite haircut: the bob. I feel that it is really flattering on my face shape and it allows me to pull my hair back in a pony for running.
At 15 pounds, a pair of Kendra Scott studs (I love the dangles, but baby boy loves grabbing things) in CT's birthstone.
And at 20 pounds, I get to take all the money from my workout jar and go on a shopping spree for clothes that make me feel confident!
Do you need motivation to get back on track? Let me know what your mini-incentives are!