With the beginning of the school year my schedule starts to get really crazy really quick with parent meetings, ball game duty, and extracurriculars going on long after 3:00. I always try to plan ahead a few quick, easy meals that I can throw together on nights that I do get home later than normal. I recently concocted this little treat and was very pleased with the outcome. There isn't a whole lot of cooking involved and it tastes delicious.
You will need:
- 1 bag pre-cooked extra small shrimp
- cajun/spicy mango marinade
- corn tortillas
- lettuce, tomato, cilantro garnish
- plain yogurt
All you need to do:
- Marinade the shrimp in the sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour contents onto a baking sheet and broil until warm.
- Fill tortilla shell with ingredients and dig in!
It's a cross between Betty Crocker and Martha Stewart since it's not from a box, but not from scratch either. I think you'll find it pleasing to your hungry family and your tired eyes after a long day at work.