I started the 21 Day Fix October 6th with my Fantasy Fitness Challenge Group. I love challenges like this that hold me accountable for healthy eating choices. Not only is it healthy, but it pushes me to come up with new recipes that fit the parameters of each challenge. This particular challenge reminds me a lot of the Whole 30 I did a while back.
This particular dinner fits right in with the "rules" for the 21 Day Fix which essentially teaches you to eat the right portion size of each category within the food pyramid.
Not only does it fit in with the program, but it is so yummy!
Mushroom and Blue Pesto Pizza
- Flat Out multigrain wraps
- Pesto (homemade or store bought)
- Crumbled blue cheese
1. Wash and slice mushrooms. Sautee in a teaspoon of olive oil until browned and heated through. (I like to throw some garlic in there as well sometimes.)
2. Turn on oven broiler to low.
3. Spray baking pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Spread pesto all over wrap. Spread as much or as little as you like.
4. Put sauteed mushrooms on top of pesto and sprinkle with crubled blue cheese.
5. Heat under low broiler until cheese is melted. Be sure to keep watch so that the wraps don't catch fire. This should take 2-3 minutes.
6. Slice and serve while warm. Enjoy!
If you are participating in the 21 Day Fix here is the breakdown for containers:
Mushrooms: 1 green container
Blue cheese: 1 blue container
Wrap: 1 yellow container (be sure you get multigrain 100 calorie wraps)
Pesto: 1 orange container