This has turned into one of our favorite meals at our house. It's easy, inexpensive, and yummy. And most days I have all the ingredients on hand.
I especially like this recipe because my one year old will not eat eggs. I think he hates the texture. But, he will chow down on some quiche! I have a hard time being certain he is getting enough protein so this is really a big deal for me. Do you have a hard time getting your little one to eat protein?
I initially created this recipe when some friends were coming into town so that I wouldn't have to stand at the stove and make breakfast in the morning while they were there. I wanted to be able to enjoy their company. This is a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner and it reheats really well.
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 pie crust (I buy the frozen store brand)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c mozzerella cheese
- 1 c milk (I use whole)
- 1 small onion
- Sautee cut up broccoli and onion in a pan until tender.
- Put broccoli in pie crust.
- Beat 4 eggs and milk together until blended.
- Pour cheese over broccoli. Cover with eggs and milk.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
*I always line a baking sheet with tin foil and place the pie crust on that while baking. It never fails that my egg mixture overruns the sides of the crust and makes a mess to clean up.