This is hands-down the easiest, quickest, healthiest meal your family is going to love! It's perfect to make in advance and freeze to have on hand for busy weeks. And it's easy enough to throw together on a week night after work. Not to mention, the entire family is going to love it!
In fact, the lady who shared this recipe with me (amazing coworker and friend) said that her grandson requested this instead of Domino's pizza one Friday! Instead of pizza!!
While eating it for dinner my husband said, "I can see what the kid was talking about!"
Here is what you need to make this for your family...
- 1 bottle V8 (you can use spicy but I wouldn't recommend it for kids)
- 1-2 lbs hamburger/ground turkey/ground sausage
- 1 small onion
- 1 bag frozen vegetables
- Brown meat in pan and drain grease. Add onion and allow to soften.
- Place juice, meat, and vegetables in stock pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Top with seasoning of choice (oregano, basil, salt, pepper, etc.) and serve hot.
I make this and freeze a few ziploc bags full for nights when I know it will be cold and I won't have time to cook due to school functions, work responsibilities, or exhaustion.
Let me know if you try it! Enjoy.