I always try to find recipes and give them a twist to make them healthier or 21 Day Fix approved. It helps to be able to eat "real food" while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The last thing I want to do is give up my favorite things to be on a diet. Bleh
Every once in a while I get a hankering for Chinese food. It doesn't come often, but when it does, it's a pretty serious craving. So, I decided to experiment with a few recipes I found and make my own healthier version of fried rice. This is delicious. A coworker tasted it and said, "Wow! That really actually tastes like fried rice!" Victory!
- 1 1/2 zuchinni
- 1 c. frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 c. frozen peas
- 2 carrots julienned
- 1 container fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 eggs fried
- 1 c. quinoa
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- siracha *optional
- Fry 2 eggs and set aside.
- Put chopped onion and garlic in bottom of stock pot to simmer and become fragrant.
- Cook quinoa in chicken stock per instructions on package.
- Add quinoa, zuchinni, and mushrooms to pot.
- Stir until tender. Add carrots, peas, and corn to pot.
- Add egg and soy sauce and stir. Serve immediately and top with siracha.